What is Pathway of Hope
The Salvation Army’s Pathway of Hope initiative provides individualized services to families with children who desire to take action to break the cycle of crisis and vulnerability that repeats generation after generation. It seeks to address the root causes of poverty in addition to The Army’s history of compassionate serving. By helping families overcome challenges like unemployment, unstable housing, and lack of education, we can lead families down a path toward increased stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency.
We Care has partnered with the Salvation Army to provide this powerful program to Grundy County Residents in need. Thanks in part to a grant from the Community Foundation of Grundy County, we have expanded the program to include people in need and ready to make a change, whether they have children in the home or not. The program is open and available for single people, families, the homeless, or the elderly.
If you have been living in a crisis situation, and you are ready to make a change in your life, Pathway of Hope may be the the answer for you. We have caring Pathway of Hope case workers who will dedicate time to meet with you weekly, set goals and work with you to help achieve those goals
Resources & Connections
Through involvement with Pathway of Hope, families will be introduced to both Salvation Army and other services that are available within their community which offer:
- A network of support
- A sense of community
- Holistic programs
- Spiritual guidance
Service Connector to:
- Job training
- Health services
- Childcare and education
- Housing options
- Legal services
- And much more...
The Pathway of Hope approach includes:
- Catalyzing community collaboration in service of shared clients
- Moving families from crises and vulnerability to stability and eventually self-sufficiency, tracking family progress along the way
- Bringing all The Salvation Army’s internal resources to bear, aligned to the goals of clients
- Focus on hope as a measured outcome, which represents the distinctly relational, spiritual outcome that The Salvation Army seeks in the work it does
- Strengths-based case management services